November is almost here and with it comes NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month! 30 days, 50,000 words, and 1 novel. It seems to have crept up on me this year. I’ve got a story idea, some characters, and even a little plot but I haven’t done as much planning as years past. It may be better than my first NaNo which I decided to do the night before.
Here’s a little tag from youtuber Kristina Horner to get everyone extra pumped for NanoWriMo!!!
1. How many times have you done NaNoWriMo? This will be my sixth year!
2. How did you first find out about NaNoWriMo? I discovered NaNoWriMo in 2010 thanks to the aforementioned Kristina Horner.
3. What was the name of the first novel you attempted with NaNo? Reckless Abandon, I actually went back to it in 2013 and rewrote it.
4. Give us a 1 sentence summary of what you’re writing this year. This year I’m writing a fantasy story about a young woman having her whole life thrown into upheaval, her struggle to gain control, and trying to make things right.
5. What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever been given? To keep writing no matter what.
6. Did you ever take a year off from NaNo? Why? I have not. There have been times I’ve been tempted but there’s never a good reason.
7. What’s your biggest inspiration when figuring out what to write? The things I’m passionate about whether it be places I love or stories that speak to me.
8. Read us the first sentence from one of your novels. Well since I lost most of my novels when my last computer died, here’s a sentence from early on in last year’s novel: Sunday morning comes too early as the reveille jerks Lillian awake.
9. Why do you love writing? It’s a great form of expression, keeps the ideas flowing, and just celebrates stories in all ways!
Feel free to answer these tag questions yourself!
I’ll be posting updates every Sunday on here about my novel progress. If you want to participate go to nanowrimo.org and register. Plus feel free to add me as a buddy! My username is Hopeful125.