The 2016 Love-A-Thon is a wonderful weekend event held from February 20-21 to promote positivity, kindness, friendship, and good vibes throughout the book community whether it be in blogging, booktube, bookstagram, etc. Hosted by Alexa Loves Books, The Novel Hermit, Stay Bookish & The Daily Prophecy, Love-A-Thon brings people together with fun challenges, twitter chats, blog hopping, and comment sprees. Come join the fun!
To kick off the event, everyone participating starts off with a post highlighting a little about themselves. So, find out a little about me with the questions and answers below!
What’s your name? Annalisse
Where in the world are you blogging from?
- Good old Ohio, right on Lake Erie!
How did you get into blogging in the first place?
- I was looking through blogs in my excitement for the release of Six of Crows and decided it was something I really wanted to be a part of!
How did you come up with your blog name?
- Hopeful is an ironic nickname from back in the day. I attended Hope College and I’m quite the pessimist so my friends thought the nickname funny. I’ve used it on my social media ever since.
What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
- Young Adult
What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
- Top 5 Wednesdays, Classic of the Month, Owning a Piece of the Page, Sunday Street Team. Even an occasional discussion, cover reveal, blog tour, Teaser Tuesday, Waiting on Wednesday, etc. Really just a mix of everything!
Best blogging experience so far?
- I’m going to go with my first ever author event where I got to meet a bunch of amazing bloggers as well as Victoria Schwab, Susan Dennard, and Elise Kova. I’d never have gone if I wasn’t blogging and it was such a great time!
Favorite thing about the blogging community?
- The wonderful people! There so many amazing, open, honest, and generous people who make up this community and I have been so lucky to get to know them online!
Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
- How can I pick just five!?! Okay here are the five that first popped into my head: Crooked Kingdom, Lady Midnight, The Girl From Everywhere, The Rose and the Dagger, and A Gathering of Shadows!
Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
- A Court of Thorns and Roses, Throne of Glass, Career of Evil, Library of Souls ,and Endsinger. Most of these are sitting on my TBR shelf, waiting impatiently, and calling out my name every time I look at them.
What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
- One of my all time favorite series is the Amelia Peabody novels written by Elizabeth Peters. Set in the Victorian era and focusing on Egyptology and Archaeology, they are the perfect mix of historical fiction, mystery, myth and legend with plenty of action, drama, and romance for all.
Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
- I’m going with Nina Zenik from Six of Crows! She’s such an outgoing force to be reckoned with. Vivacious, fun, powerful, and loves to eat cake. She’s clearly got her priorities in order!
Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
- Nikolai Lantsov! Intelligent, clever, and sarcastic. Such a strong leader with a proficiency in multiple weapons and devilishly handsome. He’s mine! Leigh Bardugo clearly knows how I like my characters.
Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max)
- Inej Ghafa, Nikolai Lantsov, Katniss Everdeen, Ronan Lynch, and Kaz Brekker.
Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
- Well when I’m not reading I’m probably watching TV shows or movies. I’m also deeply passionate about sports (specifically soccer and KU basketball), and I love listening to music (pretty much any genre), and writing (mostly during NaNoWriMo).
Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
- Everything! Currently I’m on a self-imposed clothing ban. After cleaning out my wardrobe, I realized I need to rein it in. Plus I’m not going to stop buying books so I need to cut back somewhere!
At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing?
- Anything by Halsey! Especially Drive which is giving me all the Blue/Gansey feels at the moment!
Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book.
- I think my greatest desire is for The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern to be turned into a movie/TV show, but only if it was done right. The fantastical elements and creations would make a stunning visual masterpiece and I’d love for it to be brought to life.
What would your dream library look like?
- Well if I can’t have the Beast’s library, I’d like a room full of built in shelves. Books, nerdy trinkets, and photos all combined to create a cozy atmosphere. A cozy armchair to read in and a fuzzy rug over the hardwood floor just add to the room.
Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?
- Definitely JK Rowling! She’s the author that has had the biggest impact on my life and I’d want to thank her for the wondrous world she created and pick her brain about all of her projects!
Look out for more Love-A-Thon fun throughout the weekend and let me know a little about yourselves in the comments below!