Sunday Street Team is a monthly feature highlighting upcoming releases and promoting new authors. SST was created and run by Nori over at ReadWriteLove28.
All the Feels by Danika Stone
Published by Swoon Reads on June 7, 2016
Genres: Young Adult, Fiction, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 336 Format: eARC Source: NetGalley
College freshman Liv is more than just a fangirl: The Starveil movies are her life… So, when her favorite character, Captain Matt Spartan, is killed off at the end of the last movie, Liv Just. Can’t. Deal.
Tired of sitting in her room sobbing, Liv decides to launch an online campaign to bring her beloved hero back to life. With the help of her best friend, Xander, actor and steampunk cosplayer extraordinaire, she creates #SpartanSurvived, a campaign to ignite the fandom. But as her online life succeeds beyond her wildest dreams, Liv is forced to balance that with the pressures of school, her mother’s disapproval, and her (mostly nonexistent and entirely traumatic) romantic life. A trip to DragonCon with Xander might be exactly what she needs to figure out what she really wants.
I received this eARC from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
In Danika Stone’s All the Feels, Liv goes into crisis mode when a beloved movie character bites the dust. To cope, she enlists her best friend Xander’s help in setting the situation right, unfortunately real life ends up getting the way. This is a wonderful story of ups and downs, highs and lows, and I absolutely adored this book!
7 Reasons You Need to Read All the Feels
- All About That Fandom Life! Gosh the online interactions were so on point and the descriptions of DragonCon were so vivid. The intensity, the passion, people uniting over common bonds and taking stories past canon. It was all so well done!
- Relatability: I’ve been immersed in the fandom experience since becoming enthralled with Harry Potter and then branching out to other realms. Everything within this narrative totally resonated. It was so easy to connect with.
- Liv and Xander! These two characters were just exceptional and I loved them both. Liv is intense, passionate, and awkward with mad skills in video editing and Xander, an actor, cosplayer, and Steampunk aficionado was just so charming, kind, and dreamy.
- Chapter Headings: Each one is inspired by a different book, movie, or TV show and they fit so perfectly within the story.
- Swoon, Swoon, Swoon! The romance in this one just makes me so happy. Plus there are some exceptionally awkward dates within these pages.
- Parental Problems: Liv’s mother could not wrap her head around fandom culture and I know this happens a lot. Her daughter just wants to be understood and supported.
- Lastly, ALL THE FEELS! This book just wrapped all of my emotions into a big ball and had them bouncing around. I was just so swept up by the story!
Clearly I loved All the Feels by Danika Stone! It was the perfect mix of feels and fandom, romance and plot. Liv and Xander’s journey was such a fun ride and so freaking relatable. I flew through this book in a matter of hours and I could read it over and over again. I will definitely be recommending this to everyone!
The author is graciously giving away a huge swag pack including a book, t-shirt, and pocketwatch!
About the Author
Danika Stone is an author, artist, and educator who discovered a passion for writing fiction while in the throes of her Masters thesis. A self-declared bibliophile, Danika now writes novels for both adults (The Intaglio Series and Ctrl Z) and teens (All the Feels). When not writing, Danika can be found hiking in the Rockies, planning grand adventures, and spending far too much time online. She lives with her husband, three sons, and a houseful of imaginary characters in a windy corner of Alberta, Canada.