Owning a Piece of the Page is a series to highlight all the bookish merchandise and swag that I have accumulated over the years as a lover of the written word. There’ll be jewelry, posters, maps, accessories, toys, etc. From handmade to mass produced, I bet there will be a little something for everyone to enjoy.
After my first stretch of Harry Potter posts for this feature I took a short break. Now I’m back with another edition, this time highlighting the popular bookish subscription box OwlCrate! I first discovered this company on bookstagram from the many photos promoting their boxes and I knew I had to try them out.
OwlCrate sends out a monthly YA focused box containing one recently released book and around 3 to 5 bookish goodies. Often times there are author and publisher exclusives as well as items created specifically for the box.
When I discovered the May 2016 box was going to be Steampunk themed, I jumped at the chance to finally get one of these boxes. I’ve been fascinated by Steampunk as a genre and culture for a while and knew this was the perfect one to start off with.
Here’ what was included for May:
- Everland by Wendy Spinale, exclusive book tattoos, and an author letter
- A ring from Sparks Emporium featuring a Clockwork Angel
- A skeleton key necklace from Crystal Compass
- A Steamworks metal pin from Elope
- Steampunk nail wraps from Espionage Cosmetics
- A J. M. Barrie Peter Pan art print from Creative Daffodil
I was so happy with the contents of this box. Peter Pan is one of my all time favorites and I collect related trinkets to the story. In a word this box was perfect!
I was going to cut myself off there but the teasers for the next box drew me back in. I was pretty sure of the book and wanted to give it a shot. Check out what I got for June:
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows, a paper crown, and a letter from the authors
- A Belle Funko Mystery Mini
- A Red Queen art print created by Evie Seo
- A Lunar Chronicles bracelet by Rich Love Shoppe
- Royal magnetic bookmarks from CraftedVan
- A discount card for My Bookmark
Another excellent box from OwlCrate! Plus I’m going to be receiving the July box as well. I couldn’t resist Good vs. Evil. Overall OwlCrate has been an amazing subscription box for me. Shipping was fast, customer service was quick and efficient, and the pieces the company selects are all beautiful, well made, and fun. I’d definitely recommend them if you’re in the market for a subscription box!
Have you gotten any bookish subscription boxes before? Do you have recommendations? What’s you’re favorite piece you’ve received from one? Let me know all your thoughts in the comments below!