August was full of two wonderful challenges, ARC August and #ReadThemAllThon, which I was able to successfully complete. Here’s a wrap up for both!
So in total for ARC August I read 9 books which definitely surpassed my goal of 5. Here’s the full list:
- The Peculiar Night of the Blue Heart by Lauren DeStefano ~ 4.5 Stars
- The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee ~ 3.5 Stars
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco ~ 4.5 Stars
- Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier ~ 4 Stars
- A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess ~ 4 Stars
- Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glenn Marsh ~ 4.5 Stars
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer ~ 4 Stars
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake ~ 3.5 Stars
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber ~ 4.5 Stars
I still have a bunch left to read so I just need to keep trucking along with them.
While I did pretty well for this readathon, I wish I had gotten a little more into it. I did manage to complete all 8 gym badges and evolve my Charmander into a glorious Charizard. Check it out!
Here’s the books I read to complete the badges:
- Ghosts ~ Rainbow Badge (25 CP + 20 CP Bonus)
- A Shadow Bright and Burning ~ Boulder Badge (41 CP + 20 CP Bonus)
- Fear the Drowning Deep ~ Marsh Badge (31 CP + 20 CP Bonus)
- Heartless ~ Flame Badge (46 CP + 20 CP Bonus)
- Three Dark Crowns ~ Cascade Badge (41 CP + 20 CP Bonus)
- Caraval ~ Thunder Badge (41 CP + 20 CP Bonus)
- The End Games ~ Earth Badge (36 CP + 20 CP Bonus)
- On Dublin Street~ Soul Badge (32 CP + 20 CP Bonus)
So just for reading all 8 books I accumulated 453 CP. Tweeting a couple times gave me +4CP and evolving from Charmander all the way the Charizard added an extra 100 CP. My full total ends up being 557 CP. Huzzah!
Did you participate in ARC August or #ReadThemAllThon? Did we read some of the same books? Let me know in the comments below!