The best thing about 2016 was, of course, BOOKS, so let’s celebrate them one last time before 2017 takes over. I try to spread the love as much as possible in my end of year survey and let’s be real it wouldn’t be as fun if half the answers were the same book. So, let’s go!
2016 Reading Stats
Number Of Books You Read: 166
Number of Re-Reads: 5
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy
Best in Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secret of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Six of Crows! I will forever be pushing this book on people!
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
Series Started: Shades of Magic by V.E. Schwab
Sequel: A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Series Ender: The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
I finally started reading Victoria Schwab’s books this year and she is a revelation. Now to catch up on her older ones.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Come Close by Sappho
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
Crystal Crowned by Elise Kova
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
Rhysand from A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
When the Moon Was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
My Grandmother Asked Me To Tell You She’s Sorry by Fredrick Backman
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
“I would have come for you. And if I couldn’t walk, I’d crawl to you, and no matter how broken we were, we’d fight our way out together-knives drawn, pistols blazing. Because that’s what we do. We never stop fighting.”
― Leigh Bardugo,
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
Shortest: The Crown & The Arrow by Renee Ahdieh
Longest: Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Kaz & Inej from Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
August and Kate from This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
The Alchemists of Loom by Elise Kova
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
Julian from Caraval by Stephanie Garber
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
Timekeeper by Tara Sim
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
All the Feels by Danika Stone
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
The Siren Son by Tristina Wright
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Water’s Wrath by Elise Kova
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
The End by Lemony Snicket
My Blogging/Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I really enjoyed my Potterhead July post on Why Muggleborn Children Choose the Wizarding World
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Can I say all of them? I’d never been to an author event before and now I’ve gotten to meet some of my all time favorites. It’s been amazing!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
Book Expo America 2016
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Trying to do all the things after going full time at the library
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My blogaversary post: One Year of Blogging
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Icey Designs: Notebooks, Candles, Pencils, Pins, etc.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I managed to complete my Goodreads challenge of 100 books as well as the Flights of Fantasy challenge.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
I want to keep up my reading pace even while working a full time job.
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
The Edge of Everything by Jeff Giles
So that’s all for 2016! Did you see any of your favorites on this list? Did I totally miss something? Any recommendations for the new year? Let me know in the comments below!