Hello all! Today I’ve got an exciting book tag to help celebrate one of my most highly anticipated books of the year. Started by my fellow #Doves member Min over at Min & Her Books with the help of Katie at Katsyxo, The Ace of Shades Book Tag is inspired by Amanda Foody’s upcoming fantasy novel. Check out the questions and answers below!
1. Ace of Shades takes place in the very mysterious, very dangerous City of Sin. Name a fictional city with a personality of it’s own!
Daevabad from S.A. Chakraborty’s The City of Brass. It’s teeming with character and culture housing a vast populace of djinn.
2. The City of Sin is home to three ruthless gangs: the Irons, the Scarhands and the Doves. Tell us about your favorite fictional criminal family/gang!
The Dregs! My crow children are the absolute best especially dear Dirtyhands.
3. Enne and Levi are about to be thrown into a deadly game… Name your favorite book in which the characters must play with, and for, their lives.
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern! With the backdrop of the most aesthetically pleasing circus ever, everyone is wrapped up in a longstanding competition that frequently turns deadly. It’s so rich with detail and full of complex emotion.
4. The Doves are a gang of assassins… What book you’d kill to have in your hands right now?
King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo. Yes I need my Nikolai book now!
5. The City of Sin is full of people with dark and complicated pasts. Name one book or book series you used to like, but don’t anymore.
Oh the Twilight series. How I loved you when first I read you. Now I don’t know what I was thinking.
6. With complicated pasts abound, we can find many… burnt cinnamon rolls, so to speak. Name a character that has prickly and tough exterior, but is actually a sweetheart deep down!
I’m gonna echo Min on this one. Gavin Brawley from Illegal Contact may be a brute but when he opens up he’s oh so soft.
7. Not only anti-heroes live in the Ace of Shades world! In New Reynes, one can find plenty of villains as well. Which bookish character do you just love to hate?
The Commandant from An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir is a character I cannot help but despise. She’s so brutal and coldhearted even with her own son.
8. You, much like our main character Enne’s mother, went missing in the City of Sin. The main character from the last book you read is the one looking for you… How screwed are you?
Well Odessa from Sarah Glenn Marsh’s Reign of the Fallen is excellent at finding things in the Deadlands so I think I might be alright. Fingers crossed the Sparrow brings her A-game.
Did you enjoy this tag? Are you getting excited for Ace of Shades?
Let me know in the comments below!