Today I’m bringing you the Reader Problems Book Tag that I discovered while browsing The Book Nut. It’ll give you a little insight into my mind in regards to books.
1. You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
Typically I’m picking up new releases or arcs for review but when I go to my backlist I’m looking for titles I was really hyped for or fit my current mood.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
I very very rarely go the DNF route. If I really cannot power through it I have to put it aside for a bit.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
Of course I’d try to catchy up and the best way to do this is picking up comics, manga, and novellas. Short and sweet stories that breeze by.
4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
Basically by planning on picking up the new ones regardless.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
I’d probably just keep my opinions to myself but if I really needed to vent I’d maybe head to Twitter.
6. You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
Probably stop reading until I can shed all of my pent up emotions.
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
I don’t have the time to reread like this but if I’m super lost I’ll look up recaps to refresh my memories.
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
Gosh this is really hard. My books are so precious but when I do lend them out I’m very adamant that they will be given the utmost care.
9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
My tried and true method is going to the romance genre. It really kicks my reading pace back to normal.
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
Quite a lot of them. I do try to read them at the library first if I’m not positive I’ll like it but when I love them, I need them.
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
Some not long at all, others often gather dust.
How do you face your reader problems? Any methods I need to try?
Let me know in the comments below!