It’s that time of year again!
Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner created this in depth End of Year Survey and I love filling it out every year. Check out all my book related favorites and memories below!
2017 Reading Stats
Number Of Books You Read: 166
Number of Re-Reads: 7
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy
Best in Books
1. Best Book You Read In 2017?
A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
The Painted Queen by Elizabeth Peters & Joan Hess
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Windwitch by Susan Dennard (GOOD WAY!)
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
5. Best series you started in 2017? Best Sequel of 2017? Best Series Ender of 2017?
Series: The Girl with the Red Balloon by Katherine Locke
Sequel: A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
Series Ender: Edge of the Abyss by Emily Skrutskie
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2017?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
The King of Bourbon Street by Thea de Salle
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Shadow Run by AdriAnne Strickland and Michael Miller
9. Book You Read In 2017 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2017?
27 Hours by Tristina Wright
11. Most memorable character of 2017?
Vikram and Gauri from A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2017?
Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2017?
Shadowhouse Fall by Daniel José Older
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2017 to finally read?
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2017?
“Her words took me by surprise. She said it so simply—so quiet, so true. Only two words, three letters, one breath, but never had a promise held more meaning. She turned to me then, and in her eyes, I saw not oblivion, but infinity, and the stars were not as bright as her smile.” ~ The Ship Beyond Time by Heidi Heilig
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2017?
Longest: Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare
Shortest: The Year of the Crocodile by Courtney Milan
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Percy & Monty from The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Grace and Luca from How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2017 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo
21. Best Book You Read In 2017 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Mechanique: A Tale of the Circus Tresaulti by Genevieve Valentine
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2017?
Markos from Song of the Current by Sarah Tolcser
23. Best 2017 debut you read?
The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
The Loom Saga by Elise Kova
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2017?
Eliza and her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Noteworthy by Riley Redgate
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2017?
Jane, Unlimited by Kristin Cashore
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner
My Blogging/Bookish Life
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2017?
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2017?
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2017?
Finally getting to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Finding the motivation when everything felt like it was falling apart.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Any of my Teaser Tuesday posts.
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I completed my Goodreads challenge, Flights of Fantasy, and Rock My TBR.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2017 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2018?
The City of Brass by S.A. Chakraborty
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2018 (non-debut)?
Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody
3. 2018 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2018?
Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2018?
Go to Sirens Conference in October!
6. A 2018 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable):
Chainbreaker by Tara Sim
Another year of reading and blogging recapped as well as looking forward to the future!
How did your 2017 reading year go? Did you fill out the End of Year Survey?
Let me know in the comments below!