Today I’m back in the City of Sin playing a fun game of Mash inspired by Amanda Foody’s Ace of Shades and created by fellow #Dove member Austine from NovelKnight. It’s been ages since I did Mash and I’m thrilled that this one is book related. Check out how to play and my results below.
How to Play
- Pick a number between 1 and 10. Make sure it’s a good one as your fate depends on it.
- Start in the first column and work your way down, counting as many items under the category headings as the number you selected (i.e. if you picked “7,” count down 7 items – skip the bold category names).
- Cross this item off your list.
- Keep on counting. When you reach the bottom of the first column, move to the top of the second and so on. When you reach the bottom of the third column, move back to the top of the first. Keep on counting and cross items off as you go.
- Skip any items you crossed off already as you count.
- When you get down to one item in a category, circle it and don’t count it anymore.
Once you’ve gotten down to one item in each category, share your results on social media! Make sure to tag #AceOfShades and #Doves as the creators of the game! You can also tag us on Twitter and Instagram as @dovesgang.
Look!!!! I really am a Dove! This was an incredibly fun game to take part in and thanks again to Austine for creating such an inventive graphic and good time. Below is more info for Ace of Shades, Amanda herself, and pre-order info.
About the Book
Ace of Shades
By: Amanda Foody
Series: The Shadow Game (Book One)
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: April 10, 2018
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Welcome to the City of Sin, where casino families reign, gangs infest the streets…
and secrets hide in every shadow.
Enne Salta was raised as a proper young lady, and no lady would willingly visit New Reynes, the so-called City of Sin. But when her mother goes missing, Enne must leave her finishing school—and her reputation—behind to follow her mother’s trail to the city where no one survives uncorrupted.
Frightened and alone, her only lead is a name: Levi Glaisyer. Unfortunately, Levi is not the gentleman she expected—he’s a street lord and a con man. Levi is also only one payment away from cleaning up a rapidly unraveling investment scam, so he doesn’t have time to investigate a woman leading a dangerous double life. Enne’s offer of compensation, however, could be the solution to all his problems.
Their search for clues leads them through glamorous casinos, illicit cabarets and into the clutches of a ruthless mafia donna. As Enne unearths an impossible secret about her past, Levi’s enemies catch up to them, ensnaring him in a vicious execution game where the players always lose. To save him, Enne will need to surrender herself to the city…
And she’ll need to play.